Hola mi gente! I’m Jannese Torres-Rodriguez, creator and host of the Yo Quiero Dinero podcast. My personal finance journey began by accident. I was 25, “living the dream”, in graduate school getting another degree I didn’t even care about, and dealing with a quarter life crisis. I hated my job, and felt like I was living a life that wasn’t mine. One day in 2014, I walked into work, got fired, and then drove home in a snow storm. I didn’t realize it at the time, but it was literally the best thing that happened to me.
About 6 months before I got fired, I started a food blog, called Delish D’Lites. I’ve always been passionate about food and cooking, and toyed with the idea of quitting my job to go to culinary school, but I realized something in that moment.
I wanted a life that wasn’t tied to having to show up to a specific place to get a paycheck. I wanted freedom to live and work anywhere. I wanted to earn passive income, and make money while I slept.
So as I sat there on my couch, just having been fired for the first time ever, I knew I wanted to build a life that revolved around FREEDOM.
I dove headfirst into learning everything I could about blogging. I learned:
- How to Build a Blog From Scratch
- How to Photograph and Style Photos
- How To Monetize A Blog
- How To Pitch To Brands and Get Hired For Sponsored Blog Posts
- How To Build Authentic Connections With Your Audience
And just like, I became an accidental business owner!
My blog has grown since then, and in 2019, I earned over $46,000 through my blog!
My blog helped me pay off over $39,000 of student loans in 17 months.
Blogging has been a game changer for me, and now I’m using my knowledge to help other women build passive income streams using blogs.
As I continued to understand and learn about the many avenues for generating passive income, in 2018, I stumbled upon the concept of FIRE (Financial Independence/Retire Early). I started listening to a ton of personal finance podcasts, devouring everything I could find. I started implemented FIRE concepts into my finances, and now I’m on the path to financial independence, and plan to be retired from traditional 9-5 work by age 45. I was shocked that no one I knew was talking about how you can use investing to generating financial freedom and independence.
I desperately wanted to connect with other Latinas who were talking about personal finance, building wealth and financial independence. Surprise, I couldn’t find any! And so, the Yo Quiero Dinero podcast was born.
Now, I’m on a mission to educate Latinas on topics like running a successful small business, investing with a purpose, and generating sustainable, generational wealth. The Yo Quiero Dinero podcast is a platform to connect you with Latinas and POC change makers who are sharing their personal finance stories and inspiring you to take your dinero to the next level.
I’m on a mission to start a financial literacy revolution for the Latinx community. For too long, we have been left behind and it’s time we level the playing field by educating ourselves on the power of money and how we can use it to build up ourselves and our communities. I’m passionate about educating Latinas about the powerful ways that money can be used to manifest the life of your dreams, build a multi-generational legacy, and secure financial freedom and independence. Thank you so much for being here! Together, let’s to start a revolution!
To learn more about the Yo Quiero Dinero Podcast, check out our media kit here!
PRESS & PUBLICATIONS FEATURING YO QUIERO DINERO
- My side hustles bring in $5,000 a month: Here’s my best advice for getting started (Grow + Acorns / CNBC)
- I’m on track to make $60,000 this year from my side hustles: Here’s how (Grow + Acorns / CNBC)
- I Became a Landlord to Pursue the American Dream. It Landed Me in Therapy (Next Advisor / TIME)
- 5 Latina Instagram Accounts That Teach You About Finances (Bold Latina)
- 10 Latina Financial Influencers To Follow Now (Money Geek)
- Regaining Our Financial Footing After COVID-19 (LULAC)
- A Side Hustle Summit for Latinas Who Want to Werk (BeLatina)
- Latino Communities Are Ready To Begin Talking About Their Money, But Where Should They Go? – With Jannese Torres-Rodriguez (Top Advisor Marketing Podcast)
- A Panel Discussion on Keeping Your Dinero Simple | HDM 216 (Her Dinero Matters)
- 401(k) Que? Back to Basics (Bestie Bestie Bom Bom Podcast)
- How to Build Generational Wealth and Change our Financial Narratives (Chisme That Matters Podcast)
- Building A $60,000 Side Hustle After Being Laid Off (Winning To Wealth Podcast)