In episode 32, we’re talking to Carmen Perez, a Personal Finance Content Creator and Founder of Make Real Cents, a personal finance platform dedicated to helping people achieve financial independence and avoid the mistakes she made early on.
In 2016, Carmen started a journey towards becoming debt free- she had terrible credit, no money saved, and was sued for her student loan. She has since completely transformed her finances and has paid off approximately $57,000 of debt in two and a half years. Carmen officially became debt free in Sep 2018 and in August of 2019, after saving up, Carmen quit her job in finance to learn how to code.Carmen has been featured in Forbes, The Skimm, and is currently a member of Business Insider’s Money Council for 2020.
In episode 32, Carmen and I talk about:
- Going into a job with a “doing it for the money” mentality
- Living paycheck to paycheck, even with a high income
- The details of her journey, from over-spending to becoming #debtfree
- The GRIT and headspace that pushed her through the 2 years, 9 months of being on the debt free journey
- The conversations we need to have with ourselves if we want to do a career pivot. (Hint, the internal work is often the hardest!! This was a conversation I was super excited about! You’ll understand why once you listen to her story.
A big topic ties into something we’ve been talking about this week: worth. Carmen believed in herself so much, she manifested the changes she needed to make. Ladies, it’s time we all believe in ourselves a little more.
It’s time to #manifestwealth
Listen to episode 32 on your favorite podcast streaming platform, and make sure to share and leave a review! Sending love, #staypoderosa